Monday, August 27, 2012

My very first one-on-one shoot with a pro

My first one-on-one shoot with a pro
Photographer: Mark Anderson, STUN Photography
As I mentioned in the previous post, this all started with the incredibly talented STUN photography guy (Mark Anderson). ;) For our one on one shoot, my first shoot with a pro EVER, I was clueless. I had done self portraits, but with those, I had complete control...I could make sure they were looking ok, and I could photoshop whatever didn't look good. I had to put my trust in someone else to do this...YIKES! Fortunately, Mark is very good at what he does and made modeling very easy.

We met at an abandoned school house that a senior showed me during her session. Oh my goodness, this place was a photographer's playground! It was dirty, gross, falling apart, caved in ceilings, broken glass everywhere, and a beautiful abandoned piano... We created some beautiful images that day... I still can't believe we got that kind of work from my first shoot! Mark was so easy to work with and made me feel comfortable. He was able to provide enough direction to get me to do what we needed. We went back the day after, to give another shot at some of the piano photos...he was so in love with those, he wanted to be sure he nailed 'em! Our visit was interrupted by a stranger. This is the other thing that is so great about Mark...he's always looking out for people, he cares, he's protective...He got us out of an uncomfortable situation quickly.

I think I owe a lot to him, for starting me off with such strong artistic photos in my portfolio...for helping me learn how to let go of control, and to trust in a GOOD photographer...for teaching me how to listen to my gut, to avoid sticky situations...how to never settle, to never lose that passion that drives you to create, how photography can go beyond photos and be a complete work of art...and so much more. Thank you, Mark!

Since then, I have had the wonderful opportunity to become friends with Mark, to second shoot along side of him, to assist, to model for photography lessons, help out with group events he coordinates, and to model for several other personal projects of his. I truly love working with him! He definitely set the bar high with the photographers I work with...and I think that has helped me build a strong portfolio.

Check out more of his work on my artist page: www.facebook.com/NFGartist  or on his personal page: https://www.facebook.com/grafikmekanik

No comments:

Post a Comment